All About Academic Seasons
You must activate your Academic Pass on your Smart Card before you use it for the first time. To find out how, click HERE
Photocard ID's? - Click HERE.
Gmail and googlemail? - Click HERE
Academic Season Passes
Academic Passes offer great value for money and we’re offering more and more destinations each year to help with costs for students travelling to school, college and even Uni. We are offering Annual Full year, Annual Short Year, One term and Monthly subscription tickets.
On average young adults aged 16-18 could save:
- up to 57% off the price of an Adult Annual Academic Pass compared to buying a full priced ticket at the station. We’ve even extended this to our Short Year Academic Passes
- up to 50% off the price of a Termly ticket for our young adults
We don’t miss the children out either. Children aged 5-15 can receive:
- discounted Termly and Annual Academic Passes
We’ve also extended our range of PlusBus destinations.
Please keep hold of last years/ terms Smart Cards, as the new ticket will be added to it. All you will need to do is activate it.
Annual Academic Passes will run from 30th August 2022 until 28th July 2023 for a full Academic Year and up until 2nd June 2023 for a Short Year (ideal for those not attending much during exam time of their last year)
Academic pass validity dates:
- FULL Academic Year: 01 September 2023 - 23 July 2024
- SHORT Academic Year: 01 September 2023 - 31 May 2024
- Autumn Term 2023: 01 September 2023 - 22 December 2023
- Spring Term 2024: 02 January 2024 - 31 March 2024
- Summer Term 2024 (FULL): 15 April 2024 - 23 July 2024
- Summer Term 2024 (SHORT): 15 April 2024 - 31 May 2024
We regret that we are no longer able to add tickets from Manor Park on to Smart Card. All customers requesting journey's from Manor park will be sent a paper ticket. Please allow 5 working days for delivery.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO NOTE:
- Order confirmations are not valid for travel
- You must allow 5 working days for postal items to arrive (working days are Monday-Friday, excluding bank holidays and postal strike days)*
- You must allow 2 working days for tickets to be uploaded to existing Smart Cards*
- Tickets on Smart Cards cannot be activated at Waterbeach. Please use the GA App on your Smart Phone
- Academic Passes are a fixed price, regardless of what day in the month or date within a term they are purchased. Refunds are not available if you have purchased a pass part-way through the month or term
If you require additional travel outside the published dates, you will need to purchase separate tickets. These can be purchased at the station or on the GA App.
Anglia Plus Passes continue to be issued as a paper ticket.
Already have a Smart Card? Don’t forget you will need to activate your ticket before using it for the first time. Instructions on how to do this can be found by clicking the link below.
If it’s your first time ordering a ticket with us, we will send you a brand new Smart Card in the post. Don't forget to obtain a Photocard ID. You should retain your Smart Card at the end of the year so subsequent Academic Passes can be uploaded to it at a later date.
For lost, stolen or damaged cards/ tickets, replacement requests should be made directly to Business Travel on 0345 600 7245 (option 6).
Click HERE for information on how to activate your ticket
*Please note, postal items take up to 5 working days to arrive. Order Confirmations are not valid for travel.
A monthly ticket uploaded to your Smart Card
Remove the need to queue at the station every month for a ticket.
It's easy to set things up:
- Order and pay for your first ticket online
- Keep an eye out for the email to set up your direct debits
- Once set up, we'll do the rest and send you a payment schedule
- Your second ticket onwards (or all of your tickets if you already have a Smart Card) will be uploaded to your Smart Card ready for the start of each month
*Direct debits are taken on 20th of the month prior to the ticket month and managed by our partners GoCardless. Terms apply.
Special Terms apply for the Monthly Subscription offer.
- Once your order has been placed, within 5 working days an email will be sent to your registered email address containing a link to enable you to set up your direct debit instruction (if you haven’t received it within that time please contact Business Travel on 0345 600 7245 (option 6))
- You must apply for a subscription no later than 5th of the month prior to the one you want to start the payments from, and must arrange your direct debit instruction at the earliest opportunity following the receipt of your email (check both your inbox and Spam folders, as some email providers view emails sent from a Group email address as such)
- Your payment instruction must be set up by 15th of the month prior to 20th of the same month to enable the subscription to be arranged in time to start taking payments
- Once you have set up your payment instruction, or if your instruction is still live from the previous year, we will set up a new payment schedule for the remaining months of the academic year
- Your schedule will be based on the year length you have selected. Short year ends on 2nd June, a full year ends on 28th July
- Payments will be set up to be taken on 20th of every month prior to the ticket month. i.e. 20th September payment for your October ticket
- If the 20th falls on a weekend or bank holiday, the payment is taken on the first available date after the 20th
- If your payment has failed for any reason, on the first occasion we will re-submit a further request. A £20.00 administration fee will apply, in addition to the original payment amount
- Should the re-submitted payment be returned unpaid, your Monthly subscription will automatically be cancelled. You will need to purchase tickets at the station (these will not be discounted) or a Termly/ Annual ticket Academic Pass on our website (if available)
- If, throughout the Academic Year, two first attempts fail, your subscription will automatically cancel. You will need to purchase tickets at the station (these will not be discounted) or a Termly/ Annual ticket Academic Pass on our website (if available)
- Once a subscription has been cancelled by us following points 9 or 10, we will not consider the subscription being reinstated for the remainder of that academic year
- You must give us 28 days’ notice via email or by calling us, if you wish to cancel your subscription
- Discounted monthly tickets are provided on the basis that they are valid/ used for the whole month. Should you wish to surrender a ticket part way through the month, full priced adult or child tickets will be used when calculating the charge for the duration of its use (this means once you reach a certain point in the month when surrendering the ticket, no refund will be due)
- All tickets are valid from 1st to the last day of each calendar month, exccluding your first and final ticket.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR CUSTOMERS
Gmail and googlemail email addresses:
You should receive any quotations or order confirmations within minutes, however some email provider settings are set to reject mail sent from a shared email address. If you do not receive a confirmation email within an hour, you can access your account and select and view your orders or quotations. You can also accept and pay for a quotation.
To help prevent an email being blocked, adding email@example.com to your address book often resolves the issue.
Click HERE for more information on refunds.
Click HERE for information on Activating your ticket
Click HERE for your Delivery Options*
Click HERE to view Additional Terms for Monthly Subscriptions
*Please note, postal items take up to 5 working days to arrive. Order Confirmation emails/ paperwork are not valid for travel and you will need to purchase tickets for travel until your Academic Pass arrives. We regret these are not refundable.