You must activate your Academic Pass on your Smart Card before you use it for the first time. To find out how, click HERE
Tickets for students of Cromer Academy are now available online.
The cut-off date for Monthly subscription appllications has now passed. Annual or Termly tickets are still available to purchase.
Our Academic Passes offer great value for money and we’re offering more and more destinations each year to help with costs for students travelling to school, college and even Uni.
An example of savings that can be made by coming to us for your tickets:
On average young adults aged 16-18 could save:
- up to 57% off the price of an Adult Annual Academic Pass compared to buying a full priced ticket at the station. We’ve even extended this to our Short Year Academic Passes
- up to 50% off the price of a Termly ticket for our young adults
We don’t miss the children out either. Children aged 5-15 can receive:
- discounted Termly and Annual Academic Passes
You will see more detailed information on savings on our product pages when they become available..
We’ve also extended our range of PlusBus destinations from just being available for Southend to a total of 21 destinations that you can buy alongside your rail ticket.
PHOTOCARD ID Information - Click HERE
To ensure you get your ticket on time for the start of the new Academic year, we recommend purchasing as early as possible.
Please keep hold of last years Smart Cards, as the new ticket will be added to it. All you will need to do is activate it.Termy ticket validity for this upcoming academic year are as follows:
- Autumn Term: 31st August 2021 - 17th December 2021
- Spring Term: 4th January 2022 - 1st April 2022
- Summer SHORT Term: 19th April 2022 - 31st May 2022
- Summer FULL Term: 19th April - 31st July 2021
If you require additional travel outside these dates, you will need to purchase tickets for travel. These can be purchased at the station or on the GA App.
Anglia Plus tickets are issued as a paper ticket.
Click HERE for more information on refunds.
Click HERE for information on Activating your ticket
Click HERE for your Delivery Options*
*Please note, postal items take up to 5 working days to arrive. Tickets may no longer reach you in time for the term start date.
Order Confirmation emails/ Invoices are not valid for travel and you will need to purchase tickets for travel until your Academic Pass arrives. We regret these are not refundable.
- How can I buy a Scholar Season Ticket?
- You can buy your ticket online for the most popular journeys. If you’re travelling to a school or college not listed, you can call us on 0345 600 7245 (Option 3) between 09:00-16:30 Monday-Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
- How will my ticket be sent to me?
- We’ll issue most tickets on a Smart Card. Once you have received your Smart Card, simplyactivate your Scholar Season Ticket by holding it on the ticket barrier, the ticket machine or the platform validator from your chosen collection station.
- My School/College isn’t listed?
- We’re happy to add your school or college. Please call our Business Travel Team on 0345 600 7245 (Option 3) between 09:00-16:30 Monday - Friday (Excluding Bank Holidays).
- Can I buy a ticket for one term?
Yes, you can buy a One Term ticket here. Term time rail ticket validity for Academic Year 2021 to 2022 are:
Autumn – 31st August 2021 to 17th December 2021
Spring – 4th January 2022 to 1st April 2022
Summer SHORT Term – 19th April 2022 to 31st May 2022
Summer FULL Term – 19th April 2022 to 31st July 2022
- Can I buy a ticket for the Academic Year?
- Yes. A ticket will start from the beginning of the autumn term in September and end on 31st July (for a full academic year) or on the 31st May (for a short academic year). This is the most cost-effective way to cover the full academic year of travel.
- The term has already started and I haven’t bought my ticket yet?
- Termly tickets are set prices irrespective of the date they were purchased during the term.
- Can I use my ticket when I’m not at school/college?
- Yes, your ticket can be used in the evenings, at weekends and during the school holidays (during the ticket validity).
- I’ve got a Smart card and I want to renew my Scholar Season Ticket?
- It’s easy, simply purchase your Scholar Season Ticket either by phone or online. Wait for 2 working days and then load it either at the ticket gate, ticket machine, or Smart Card validator located at the station entrance at your chosen collection station. If you’re an Android user, you can download the GA App and load it from you phone to your Smart Card.
- I’ve received a paper Scholar Season Ticket?
- Most journeys are available on Smart Cards, but not all. For journeys not available on a Smart Card we will continue to issue paper tickets.
- Do I need a photocard?
- Yes. You will need a photocard to accompany your Smart Card or paper Scholar Season Ticket. If you don’t have one, take a passport sized photo to any Greater Anglia ticket office and we’ll issue one for free
- I’ve lost my Smart Card/Paper Scholar Season Ticket
- If you lose your Smart Card or paper Scholar Season Ticket please get in touch with our Business Travel Team on 0345 600 7245 (option 3) between 09:00-16:30 Monday-Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
- I don’t need my ticket any longer, can I get a refund?
- If you find that you no longer your ticket then we can normally arrange a refund. Simply click on the link above for information on how to request your refund. Alternatively, get in touch with our Business Travel Team on 0345 600 7245 (Option 3) between 09:00-16:30 Monday - Friday (Excluding Bank Holidays)