- How can I buy a Scholar Season Ticket?
- You can buy your ticket online for the most popular journeys. If you’re travelling to a school or college not listed, you can call us on 0345 600 7245 (option 6) between 09:00-16:30 Monday-Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
- How will my ticket be sent to me?
- We’ll issue most tickets on a Smart Card. The quickest and easiest way is to download the Greater Anglia App, click on Smart Card and activate the ticket. You can also activate your Scholar Season Ticket by holding it on the ticket barrier, the ticket machine or the platform validator from your chosen collection station.
- My School/College isn’t listed?
- We’re happy to add your school or college. Please call our Business Travel Team on 0345 600 7245 (option 6) between 09:00-16:30 Monday - Friday (Excluding Bank Holidays).
- Can I buy a ticket for one term?
Yes, you can buy a One Term ticket here. Term time rail ticket validity for Academic Year 2023 to 2024 are:
Autumn – 01 Sept. 2023 - 22 Dec. 2023
Spring – 2nd Jan. 2024 - 31 Mar. 2024
Summer SHORT Term – 15 Apr. 2024 to 31 May 2024
Summer FULL Term – 15 Apr. 2024 to 23 Jul. 2024
- Can I buy a ticket for the Academic Year?
- Yes. A ticket will start from the beginning of the autumn term, which is 1st September and end on 23rd July 2024 for a full academic year or on the 31st May 2024 for a short academic year. This is the most cost-effective way to cover the full academic year of travel.
- The term has already started and I haven’t bought my ticket yet?
- Academic Passes are set prices irrespective of the date they were purchased during the term.
- Can I use my ticket when I’m not at school/college?
- Yes, your ticket can be used in the evenings, at weekends and during the school holidays (during the ticket validity).
- I’ve got a Smart card and I want to renew my Scholar Season Ticket?
- It’s easy, simply purchase your Scholar Season Ticket online or call for a quote. Wait for 2 working days and then load it either at the ticket gate, ticket machine, or Smart Card validator located at the station entrance at your chosen collection station. You can also download the GA App and load it from your phone to your Smart Card.
- I’ve received a paper Scholar Season Ticket?
- Almost all of our journeys are available on Smart Card now, even Child tickets. For journeys not available on a Smart Card we will continue to issue paper tickets. Anglia Plus tickets will continue to be issued as a paper ticket
- Do I need a photocard?
- Yes. You will need a photocard to accompany your Smart Card or paper Scholar Season Ticket. If you don’t have one, take a passport sized photo to any Greater Anglia ticket office and we’ll issue one for free
- I’ve lost my Smart Card/Paper Scholar Season Ticket
- If you lose your Smart Card or paper Scholar Season Ticket please get in touch with our Business Travel Team on 0345 600 7245 (option 6)( then option 1) between 09:00-16:30 Monday-Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
- I don’t need my ticket any longer, can I get a refund?
- If you find that you no longer require your ticket then we can normally arrange a refund provided enough time is still left on the ticket. Simply click on the link above for information on how to request your refund. Alternatively, get in touch with our Business Travel Team on 0345 600 7245 (option 6) between 09:00-16:30 Monday - Friday (Excluding Bank Holidays)