You must activate your Academic Pass on your Smart Card before you use it for the first time. To find out how, click HERE
Photocard ID's? - Click HERE.
More destinations than ever before
Academic Yearly tickets are still available, and you can now purchase Termly and Monthly Subscription offers for Spring Term (4th January 2022 - 1st April 2022). You can sign up for the Monthly Subscription offer at any time of the academic year (up to 2 months before the end of your chosen year length) to take you up to 31st May or 31st July.
Academic Passes offer great value for money and we’re offering more and more destinations each year to help with costs for students travelling to school, college and even Uni.
On average young adults aged 16-18 could save:
- up to 57% off the price of an Adult Annual Academic Pass compared to buying a full priced ticket at the station. We’ve even extended this to our Short Year Academic Passes
- up to 50% off the price of a Termly ticket for our young adults
We don’t miss the children out either. Children aged 5-15 can receive:
- discounted Termly and Annual Academic Passes
You will see more detailed information on savings on some of our product pages..
We’ve also extended our range of PlusBus destinations from just 1 to 21 destinations that you can buy alongside your rail ticket.
Please keep hold of last years/ terms Smart Cards, as the new ticket will be added to it. All you will need to do is activate it. One Term ticket validity for this academic year are:
- Autumn Term: 31st August 2021 - 17th December 2021
- Spring Term: 4th January 2022 - 1st April 2022
- Summer SHORT Term: 19th April 2022 - 31st May 2022
- Summer FULL Term: 19th April - 31st July 2021
If you require additional travel outside these dates, you will need to purchase tickets for travel. These can be purchased at the station or on the GA App.
Anglia Plus Passes continue to be issued as a paper ticket.
NOTICE FOR CUSTOMERS WITH @gmail.com and @googlemail.com email addresses: You should receive any quotations or order confirmations within minutes if not seconds, however some email provider settings are set to reject mail sent from a shared email address. If you do not receive a confirmation email within an hour, you can access your account and select your orders and quotations. You can also accept and pay for a quotation that has recently be sent to you.
To help prevent this in future, adding email@example.com to your address book often solves any issue.
Click HERE for more information on refunds.
Click HERE for information on Activating your ticket
Click HERE for your Delivery Options*
Click HERE to view Additional Terms for Monthly Subscriptions
*Please note, postal items take up to 5 working days to arrive. Order Confirmation emails/ Invoices are not valid for travel and you will need to purchase tickets for travel until your Academic Pass arrives. We regret these are not refundable.
- How can I buy a Scholar Season Ticket?
- You can buy your ticket online for the most popular journeys. If you’re travelling to a school or college not listed, you can call us on 0345 600 7245 (Option 3) between 09:00-16:30 Monday-Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
- How will my ticket be sent to me?
- We’ll issue most tickets on a Smart Card. The quickest and easiest way is to download the Greater Anglia App, click on Smart Card and activate the ticket. You can also activate your Scholar Season Ticket by holding it on the ticket barrier, the ticket machine or the platform validator from your chosen collection station.
- My School/College isn’t listed?
- We’re happy to add your school or college. Please call our Business Travel Team on 0345 600 7245 (Option 3) between 09:00-16:30 Monday - Friday (Excluding Bank Holidays).
- Can I buy a ticket for one term?
Yes, you can buy a One Term ticket here. Term time rail ticket validity for Academic Year 2021 to 2022 are:
Autumn – 31st August 2021 to 17th December 2021
Spring – 4th January 2022 to 1st April 2022
Summer SHORT Term – 19th April 2022 to 31st May 2022
Summer FULL Term – 19th April 2022 to 31st July 2022
- Can I buy a ticket for the Academic Year?
- Yes. A ticket will start from the beginning of the autumn term in September and end on 31st July (for a full academic year) or on the 31st May (for a short academic year). This is the most cost-effective way to cover the full academic year of travel.
- The term has already started and I haven’t bought my ticket yet?
- Termly tickets are set prices irrespective of the date they were purchased during the term.
- Can I use my ticket when I’m not at school/college?
- Yes, your ticket can be used in the evenings, at weekends and during the school holidays (during the ticket validity).
- I’ve got a Smart card and I want to renew my Scholar Season Ticket?
- It’s easy, simply purchase your Scholar Season Ticket online or call for a quote. Wait for 2 working days and then load it either at the ticket gate, ticket machine, or Smart Card validator located at the station entrance at your chosen collection station. You can also download the GA App and load it from your phone to your Smart Card.
- I’ve received a paper Scholar Season Ticket?
- Almost all of our journeys are available on Smart Card now, even Child tickets. For journeys not available on a Smart Card we will continue to issue paper tickets. Anglia Plus tickets will continue to be issued as a paper ticket
- Do I need a photocard?
- Yes. You will need a photocard to accompany your Smart Card or paper Scholar Season Ticket. If you don’t have one, take a passport sized photo to any Greater Anglia ticket office and we’ll issue one for free
- I’ve lost my Smart Card/Paper Scholar Season Ticket
- If you lose your Smart Card or paper Scholar Season Ticket please get in touch with our Business Travel Team on 0345 600 7245 (option 3) between 09:00-16:30 Monday-Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
- I don’t need my ticket any longer, can I get a refund?
- If you find that you no longer your ticket then we can normally arrange a refund provided enough time is still left on the ticket. Simply click on the link above for information on how to request your refund. Alternatively, get in touch with our Business Travel Team on 0345 600 7245 (Option 3) between 09:00-16:30 Monday - Friday (Excluding Bank Holidays)