Business Travel and Academic Pass Refunds
Information specific to Academic Pass refunds
The cut-off date for backdating scholars season refunds due to COVID-19 and lockdown was 12th March 2021. We regret that we can no longer consider refund requests for these tickets. Any refund requests will now be calculated from the date of surrender.
Scholar season refunds are calculated by charging for what you would have needed to purchase from the ticket start date up until the time of surrender. Academic Termly prices and full priced monthly/ daily tickets will be used to calculate this.
Your refund will be the price you paid, minus the cost of the time used. A £10.00 administration fee is also deducted from the refund amount.
Monthly tickets are not refundable. Cancellation of your monthly subscription must be made at least 28 days in advance.
Business Travel and Academic Ticket Refund Requests
Please follow the below instructions when requesting a refund for tickets issued by our Business Travel Department.
Send your refund request in writing. You will need to include the following with a refund request covering letter:
- Your rail ticket
- Your Plus Bus ticket if you purchased one with your rail ticket
- Your original order number
- Your contact email and number in case we need to get in touch
- Scholar’s name (for Academic season refund requests)
- Photocard ID (for season ticket refund requests)
- Last date the ticket was used
Our postal address is: Refunds. Business Travel. The Hub. Colchester North Station. North Station Road. Colchester. CO1 1JS.
We recommend that you send this recorded delivery as items not received/ lost in post cannot be refunded.
You will receive a confirmation email once your refund has been processed.
Tickets on a Smart Card
You can request a refund via post or email, though it’s much quicker via email.
Email email@example.com or write to Refunds. Business Travel. The Hub. Colchester North Station. North Station Road. Colchester. CO1 1JS.
Before requesting your refund, please ensure that the ticket you are requesting a refund for has been activated. You can check how to do this by clicking HERE. If you are unable to do this, you will need to send the Smart Card to us by post.
In the subject line of the email, please type ‘REFUND REQUEST’.
In your email or letter, please include:
- Your name and the traveller/ student’s name (for Academic Passes)
- Your original order number
- Contact email and number, in case we need to get in touch
- The Smart Card number (this will start with 633957…)
- The Smart Card itself, if you are unable to activate the ticket
- The ticket you want to cancel
- Last date of use
You will receive a confirmation email once the refund has been processed.
While we endeavour to provide you with your refund at the earliest opportunity, refunds may take up to 28 days to process.