Choose Work From Home Wednesdays. Face to face Fridays.
The new Flexi Season offers 8 days of travel in 28 days - any time, between two stations. Pay for the days you need, spend the rest wherever you like.
It’s a flexible solution that’s perfect if you need to travel to work a couple of times a week at peak time, Monday to Friday
The new ticket is on sale now.
Flexi Seasons replace Greater Anglia's FlexiPass product. As a result, FlexiPasses have been withdrawn and are no longer available.
You will need to activate each ticket before every OUTWARD part of your journey. Information on how to do this is available by clicking HERE.
Get a price from us for the new Flexi Season
Customers that have employee specific arrangements with Greater Anglia, please use the quotation tool to request your price.
- What is a Flexi Season Ticket?
- A Flexi Season ticket provides customers with 8 days of travel in 28 days - any time between two named stations.
- The 8 days of travel doesn’t need to be specified in advance, giving part-time commuters more flexibility to travel when they want and need.
- The Flexi Season ticket is priced between an Anytime Day Return and a 7 Day Season ticket, offering savings for commuters travelling during peak times, 2-3 days a week.
- Flexi Season tickets will be available as a Smart Card ticket. If you don’t have a Smart Card then please allow plenty of time to get one before you travel - they can take up to 5 days to arrive by post.
- You will need to activate a day pass within your ticket before you travel.
- Find out more about Smart Cards.
- When will Flexi Season tickets be available to buy?
- The new flexible ticket will be on-sale on 21st June, for use from 28th June
- Is a Flexi Season Ticket the same as a Season Ticket?
- A Flexi Season ticket is a new, more flexible, kind of season ticket that allows 8 days of travel in 28 days with unlimited travel, from the time you activate your day pass until 04:29 the next morning, between two stations each day that it is used. It’s great for commuters travelling during peak times 2-3 days a week, Monday to Friday, as it offers an alternative to a traditional five-day a week season ticket.
- How do Flexi Season and other Season tickets vary?
A Flexi Season allows you to take advantage of a frequent travel discount, giving you 8 separate days of travel in 28 days between two stations, which don’t have to be used consecutively. In comparison, a Season ticket allows you unlimited travel within its validity period - typically for a week, or any period between a month and a year.
Season tickets are available in First Class and Child options, while Flexi comes in standard class only as it is aimed at commuters travelling during peak-times, Monday to Friday, 2-3 days a week.
- How much can I save with a Flexi Season ticket?
- You will be able to find out the cost of a Flexi Season ticket and which ticket is right for your journey with our new Season ticket calculator, that will be available soon..
- Can a Flexi Season ticket be used on multiple operators?
- Yes, unless it is for a specified operator or route. If it is this will be stated at time of purchase.
- How can I buy a Flexi Season ticket?
- You can purchase a Flexi Season ticket on our website, or you can register for one at some ticket offices. Flexi Season tickets will be available as a Smart ticket.
Smart Card - If you have a Smart Card, you can buy your Flexi Season ticket online and add it to your Smart Card when you get to the station by ‘touching in’ on the yellow reader on the gate, platform validator, or in some cases the self-service ticket machine. Make sure you do this before you travel.
If you don’t have a Smart Card then please allow plenty of time to get one before you travel - they can take up to 5 days to arrive by post.
- Can I buy an off-peak Flexi Season?
- No, but Flexi Season tickets can be used for travel during peak and off-peak periods. Flexi tickets are aimed at commuters making the same journey 2 –3 times a week during peak times..
- Can I buy a First Class Flexi Season?
- Can I buy a child Flexi Season?
- What happens if I don't make all eight journeys in 28 days?
- If you don’t make all of your journeys within 28 days, your passes will no longer be valid to use. You can request a refund for the remaining passes before the expiry date from the retailer you purchased your ticket from. The refund will be calculated from the difference between the price you paid for the Flexi Season and the cost of an Anytime return ticket for each day you have used. An administration fee of no more than £10 will apply.
- Can I still travel if I lose or forget my Smart Card with my Flexi Season ticket?
- If you lose or forget your Smart Card or Flexi Season ticket you will need to purchase a new ticket in order to make your journey. Contact the retailer of your Flexi Season for more information.
- Can I travel to any station with my Flexi Season ticket?
- With a Flexi Season ticket you can make unlimited journeys between your named start and end stations. You can also break, start or end your journey at any station on your permitted route. Your day pass will be valid from the time you activate it until 04:29 the next morning.
- How do you use a Flexi Season ticket?
- Once you’ve purchased your Flexi Season ticket you will need to activate your day pass on the day you intend to travel by ‘touching in’ on the yellow reader on the gate, on the platform validator, or in some cases the self-service ticket machine. You can also activate it via the Greater Anglia or National Rail Smart Card app. More information about the National Rail Smart Card app will be available soon.
You need to activate your day pass before you board your train. Instructions on how to activate a day worth of travel can be found on your retailer’s website.
- Can you use a Flexi Season on any operator?
In most cases you can use any operator between your start and end stations.
If your Flexi Season ticket is only valid on one operator but you wish to travel with a different one then you will need to buy a new ticket for your journey.
If your Flexi Season ticket is restricted to a particular to route you can change the route it covers and pay the difference in fare.
- Can you use a Flexi Season ticket on London underground or overground services?
- No. Journeys within the London Zonal Fare Area are not available on a Flexi Season ticket. You can use Pay as you go on Oyster or Contactless for onward connections on Transport for London services.
- How much does a Flexi Season ticket cost?
- A Flexi Season Ticket is a form of Season Ticket and is priced between the cost of an Anytime Day Return and a 7 Day Season Ticket.
- How much is a Flexi Season ticket compared to a Season ticket?
- A Flexi Season ticket is great for helping you save money if you’re commuting during peak-times at least two days a week. The cost of a Flexi Season Ticket is priced between the cost of an Anytime Day Return and a 7 Day Season Ticket.
- Can you get a refund on a Flexi Season ticket?
- A refund is calculated from the difference between the price you paid for the Flexi Season and the cost of an Anytime return ticket for each day you have used, minus an administration fee of no more than £10. If you only have one or two journeys left on your Flexi Season you may find that no refund is available.
- If I buy a Flexi Season and only take a couple of journeys can I get the remaining journeys refunded?
- You must apply for a refund from your retailer before the end of the 28-validity period. The refund will be calculated based on the price of an Anytime return ticket for the journey your Flexi Season is valid for, the number of travel days used within the ticket's validity minus the administration fee.
- Can you get Delay Repay on a Flexi Season ticket?
- Customers can apply to see if they’re eligible for Delay Repay in times of disruption. If a customer activates a day's worth of travel and chooses not to travel at the last minute in the event of train delays, they should apply for Delay Repay.. You can find information on delay repay on the national rail website.
- How does the cost of a Flexi Season compare with Season or Anytime fares?
- The cost of a Flexi Season varies but will ultimately be cheaper for most customers who travel during peak-times at least twice a week.
- I bought a Flexi Season but am going to have to go to the office more than I realised. Can I exchange my Flexi Season for a Season ticket?
- You can’t exchange a Flexi Season so, if you’ve already been using your Flexi ticket, our recommendation would be to use up your eight journeys and purchase a Season Ticket once you’ve used all your journeys. Alternatively, you can request a refund less the admin fee and purchase a Season ticket.
- Can you get a discount on a Flexi Season using a railcard?
- 16-17 Saver and Job Centre Plus Travel Discount Card holders will be able to get 50% off their Flexi Season ticket but no other Railcard or group discounts will apply.
- Can I use my Disabled Persons Railcard to get a discount on a Flexi Season?
- Railcards cannot be used to get discounts on Season or Flexi Season tickets as they are already heavily discounted tickets.
- I was sick so didn't use my Flexi Season this month. Can I get a refund?
- If you were sick and couldn’t use your Flexi Season ticket you must apply for a refund before the end of the 28-Day validity period. There must be a minimum of one unused journey left to refund and a £10 admin fee will apply. If you can provide evidence that you were not able to apply for a refund because of illness (such as a doctor’s note), we will still consider your refund application after the expiry date.