Cambridge Zone Initiative - Terms of Service
Use of words:
our, us and we: meaning Business Travel Services/ Specialist Services, the railplus website or Greater Anglia
you and your: meaning yourself, the booker, the ticket holder, or the department/ Business you represent/ place bookings on behalf of
1. The service we provide is a free service*
2. Orders placed before 11am on a weekday will be fulfilled the same working day
3. Orders placed after 11am or not on a weekday will be fulfilled the next working day
4. Working days are considered as Monday to Friday and exclude Saturdays, Sundays as well as bank holidays
5. When an order is placed you will receive an order confirmation email from us (Business Travel)
6. Order, delivery, cancellation, lost/ stolen tickets and ticketing queries must be made with us directly at Business Travel
7. A £20.00 fee is payable on the request of a duplicate ticket/ Smart Card should it be lost or stolen
8. There is no fee for a replacement where the ticket/ Smart Card is damaged or faulty
9. All daily paper tickets (except those where a high quantity have been ordered) will be sent to the origin station you have selected for collection from a ticket machine. You will be sent the collection reference before the date of travel. A credit/ debit card will be required to collect the tickets from the ticket machine. This is for identification purposes only. No money will be debited from the card.
10. Group tickets where more than 10 have been ordered will be posted
11. Season tickets will be sent to the Smart Card where the ticket holder will need to activate the ticket prior to its’ first use. It will be posted to the customer if it is their first ever Greater Anglia rail ticket (see card activation details below)
12. Should a ticket be posted, you can request a number of different delivery levels (see delivery options below)
13. Greater Anglia Business Travel may change these Terms of free service offer at any time. You will be notified by email
14. Discount codes are for use by employees of the organisation the agreement has been made with ONLY
15. Discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other Greater Anglia offer
Ways to validate your ticket
Please ensure that your Smart Ticket is loaded on to your Smart Card, before you travel The simplest and quickest way to load your ticket is via the Greater Anglia Mobile App.
- Using your Android Mobile or iphone. Download the Greater Anglia ‘GA’ App. Click on Smart Card from the Menu. Present your card to the NFC zone of your device. Once the ticket details appear on-screen, it has been validated
- At ticket gates. Simply present your Smart Card on the yellow pad when entering the gates at platforms. Your ticket will be validated and allow you through the gates (during the ordering process you must name/ nominate the station you are going to validate your ticket)
- Smart Card enabled ticket machine. Select Smart Card on the ticket machine at your nominated station. Present your Smart Card on the yellow pad. Your ticket will be validated
- Validation posts. These are blue and yellow posts situated at the entrance to a station or platform. Present your Smart Card on the post and your ticket will be validated
Choosing your Delivery options
There are a few ways you can have your ticket(s) sent to you. Option for Existing Smart Card holders Upload to Existing Smart Card Please allow 2 working days. Your ticket will need to be validated prior to use.
- Options for non-Smart Card holders or those receiving a new Smart Card Postage via Royal Mail services Our carrier for all postal items is Royal Mail. Orders placed before 11am will be fulfilled and dispatched the same day. Orders after 11am will be fulfilled and dispatched the next working day. There are a number of options available. FREE postage option This is dispatched using the Royal Mail Tracked service. Items are tracked throughout their journey. Updates are sent to you via email or SMS throughout its journey. Please allow 5 working days from the dispatch date for items to arrive. A signature is required on delivery. Royal Mail Tracked 24 Not available for Scholar Academic Passes Items are tracked throughout their journey. Updates are sent to you via email or SMS throughout its journey. Royal Mail aim to deliver these items the next working day but this is not guaranteed. We advise to allow 2-3 working days after the dispatch date for your item to arrive. A signature is required on delivery.
- £2.65 fee applies for Tracked 24. Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm Not available for Scholar Academic Passes Your item will be guaranteed by Royal Mail to arrive by 1pm the next working day. Items are tracked throughout their journey. Updates are sent to you via email or SMS throughout its journey. Orders placed after 11am will not be dispatched until the following working day. A signature will be required on delivery. A £6.70 fee applies for Special Delivery. Please note due to Coronavirus Royal Mail have made the following changes: • guaranteed delivery for Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1.00pm the next working day will change to by 4.00pm the next working day Find out more at www.royalmail.com/coronavirus Additional information for postal items The delivery journey of your item can be viewed at www.royalmail.com/track-your-item. If you are not in when an attempt to deliver your item is made, a card will be left through your door. This will allow you to re-arrange delivery or give information on how you can collect your item from the local sorting office.
If your item does not arrive
If your item has not arrived within our recommended timeframe as detailed above, please contact us on 0345 600 7245 (option 6).
You will need to purchase tickets for travel until your ticket arrives. Only tickets for travel purchased beyond our recommended delivery timeframes will be considered for a refund. You must retain the ticket(s) you have purchased and return them to us for refund. If you have paid an additional fee for Royal Mail Tracked 24 or Royal Mail Guaranteed Next Day Delivery and it has not arrived within our recommended timeframe, you will be entitled to a refund for the additional fee you paid for that service only. Returning items to us If you require a refund on any paper ticket issued by us, you must return it to the following address. Business Travel Refunds. Greater Anglia. The Hub. Colchester North Station. North Station Road. Colchester. Essex. CO1 1JS. We strongly recommend that you return these via Registered post as items which do not reach us or are lost in the post without proof of postage will not be refundable. Ticket Machine/ Office Collection Available for daily tickets only. Not available for Season Tickets. Once your ticket has been uploaded to the ticketing system, you will receive an email containing a collection reference. Please allow at least 2 hours before attempting to collect your ticket(s) You will need a credit or debit card to collect your ticket(s). This is for identification purposes. No money will be debited from your card. Simply follow the on-screen instructions at the station ticket collection machine. Please ensure you collect all of your tickets. You can hand your ticket collection reference to one of the ticket office staff who will be happy to print your ticket(s) for you (proof of identification may be required).